8th World Congress of Biomechanics 2018 – Call for Special Sessions CLOSED
Submissions for Special Sessions are no longer accepted as the deadline of the 28th September has passed.
The organising committee of the 8th World Congress of Biomechanics have worked with colleagues from around the world to develop an exciting scientific programme spanning different scales and application areas, see http://wcb2018.com/programme. Over 150 unique and exciting scientific sessions have already been proposed by leading scientists and engineers working in the field of biomechanics, details of which can be found at http://wcb2018.com/programme/tracksubtracks/.
While we have tried to ensure that the diversity of our field is covered by the scientific programme, we recognise that there may be gaps that need to be filled. Therefore the organising committee of the 8th World Congress of Biomechanics invite proposals for conference sessions, particularly in areas not addressed by the current scientific programme. Sessions are expected to take the following format, although consideration will also be given to workshops/specialised sessions which require a nonstandard session format.
Standard Session Format:
- Each session should consist of 2 session Chairs (1 senior and 1 junior)
- Each session should consist of 2 invited speakers (15 + 5 mins)
- Each session should consist of 5 short talks (8+2 mins) which are selected from the best abstracts submitted to the session. Abstracts will be submitted as normal through the congress website, see http://wcb2018.com/call-for-abstracts/
- A poster session will run if a large number of high quality abstracts are submitted to the session.
The session chairs will be responsible for promoting / advertising the workshop, and selecting and reviewing the abstracts submitted to their session via the congress website. There are a limited number of sessions available. Priority will be given to sessions with themes that are not addressed in the existing scientific programme.
Submission of proposals:
Please provide the following information:
- Title and short description (one paragraph) justifying the proposed session.
- The name, affiliation, mailing address and e-mail address(es) of the session chairs (1 senior and 1 junior).
- The name and affiliation of two invited speakers who are willing to attend the congress. Unfortunately no financial support can be provided for invited speakers or session chairs. Consideration should be given to promoting geographic and gender diversity. Each speaker can give a maximum of two invited talks at WCB2018, so please confirm with your invited speakers that they have not already committed to giving two talks in other sessions.
- The track under which this session best fits, see http://wcb2018.com/programme/tracksubtracks/